Ortho Xylene                                              
                                      Applications, Process, Patent, Consultants, Company Profiles, Suppliers, Report               
                                Primary Information Services
Home. Phthalic anhydride . Xylene . Ordering Information. Contact

Project at a Glance Contents on the CD ROM
  • Xylene is a colourless, flammable liquid with a sweet odour that exists in three forms; meta-xylene, ortho-xylene and
    para-xylene. The three different forms are known as isomers.
  • Xylenes find varied uses in the chemical industry. A mixture of para, meta and ortho xylenes is used in the production of isophthalic acid and terephthalic acid.
  • O- xylene is a less expensive starting material for the production of phthalic anhydride and offers a higher yield potential.
  • The ISOMAR process is readily adaptable to yielding pure para-xylene when coupled with a UOP parex process unit, or with
    conventional crystallization, and ortho-xylene of standard purity when coupled with efficient fractionation.
  • ortho-Xylene is used almost exclusively to make phthalic anhydride whose main outlet is plasticizers, which are primarily
    used in polyvinyl chloride production as well as in the production of alkyd resins and unsaturated polyester resins.
  • The three isomers—ortho-, meta- and para-xylene—represent the major uses of isolated mixed xylenes, and account for most of the consumption, about 92% of total world consumption in 2009; the remaining 8% of mixed xylenes is used for solvent applications or as a gasoline component because of its high-octane value. para-Xylene is the most widely used isomer.
  • It is a solvent
    commonly used in the manufacture of paint,
    varnish, glue, printing ink, insecticides, dyes and in the rubber and pharmaceutical
    product industries.
  • Mixed xylenes, generally manufactured in petroleum refining processes, are produced in the range of 6-7 million metric tonnes a year.
  • Chemical and Physical Information
  • General information
  • Physical and Chemical Properties
  • A Raman Spectroscopic Comparison of Xylene Isomers
  • Safety data for o-xylene


  • Ortho-xylene Specifications
  • Ortho - xylene product sheet
  • Cargo Handling Sheet


  • Ortho-Xylene
  • Orthoxylene 99%
  • o-Xylene
  • ortho-Xylene - MSDS
  • Mixed Xylene
  • O - Xylene - MSDS
  • Msds - Ortho Xylene
  • o-XYLENE
  • o-Xylene MSDS
  • Xylenes (1,2-Dimethylbenzene)


  • Separation of ortho-xylene
  • Liquid phase oxidation of halogenated ortho-xylenes
  • Coproduction process for para-xylene and ortho-xylene comprising two separation steps
  • Method for the nuclear chlorination of ortho-xylene
  • Method of hydrodechlorinating nuclear-chlorinated ortho-xylenes
  • Improved para- and ortho-xylene isomerization by adding pentane

Production process

  • Basic Aromatic Production process
  • Various Commercial Process
  • Isolation and Characterization of a Rhodococcus Species
  • Badger/Niro Meta-Xylene
  • Capturing Opportunities for Para-xylene Production
  • ISOMAR process
  • Xylene Production
  • Xylenes

Market and Applications

  • Nano-structural high efficiency oxide catalysts for the ortho-xylene vapour’s selective oxidation
  • End use application
  • Phthalic Anhydride
  • Xylenes Consumption
  • Orthoxylene (OX) Prices and Pricing Information
  • Orthoxylene (OX) Uses and Market Data
  • Xylene factsheet
  • Technical Factsheet
  • Monographs
  • Ototoxic effects of industrial chemicals
  • Xylenes Category
  • Soil Guideline Values for xylene in soil
  • O - Xylene Entry

Company Profiles

  • Company from Canada
  • Company from Texas
  • Company from Singapore
  • Another company from Texas
  • Company from Maharashtra
  • Company from Mumbai
  • Company from Korea
  • Company from Pennsylvania


  • Company from Minneapolis
  • Consultant
  • Consultancy services
  • Consultant from  Colorado


  • Suppliers List
  • Indian Suppliers
  • Wholesale suppliers


  • Chemical Response Guide
  • Interpretation of Infrared Spectra, A Practical Approach

Order the CD ROM Today

Primary Information Services
 21 Murugappan St, SwamyNagar Ext2, 
Ullagaram, Chennai - 600091, India.
 Phone: 91 44 22421080 
Email : informer@eth.net
Mobile numbers:9940043898, 9444008898  Fax : 91 44 22423753