Copper Recovery
Primary Information Services  
Home . CopperOrdering Information . Contact 
Contents headlines on the CD ROM Information Profile @ a Glance
  • All copper compounds are potentially toxic. Thus, we may be exposed to copper by breathing air, drinking water, food we eat through skin contact with copper or its compounds
  • About 88 % of copper production comes from the processing of the minerals of this metal. The remaining of 12 % is provided by recycling of copper from wastes.
  • The increasing demand of copper has made the production to increase quite a lot in the last
  • Substantial savings can be obtained by reusing copper recovered from scrap.
  • Substantial amounts of effluent of low copper content are generated in electrical and electronic parts manufacturing industries
  • Hydrometallurgical process has been used for selective recovery of Cu, Ag, Au and Pd from waste printed circuit boards (PCBs)
  • Copper recovery using leach/solvent extraction/electro winning technology is in practice for quite some time
  • Electrochemical methods are becoming more frequently used in the prevention of environmental pollution
  • Chemical dissolution process coupled with the electrochemical extraction is used to recover
    valuable metals selectively, such as Cu and Ni
  • Recovery of metals by using Cathodic
    electrode position can be performed depending on the concentration of metal ions in the effluent
  • The process, Electro dialysis by which electrically charged membranes are used to separate ions, the driving force of the process is a potential difference.
  • Reactive electrodialysis, Electrochemical ion exchange, Electro coagulation, Electro flotation  are some of the other process used in specific situations
  • Green process for cuprous chloride synthesis from waste printed circuit boards (PCBs) was developed
  • The patented hydrometallurgical technologies are for the recovery of base and precious metals from sulphide and oxide feedstocks. It is based on the use of halide (chloride, bromide and iodide) chemistry to solubilise metals through the leaching process, followed by the recovery of high purity metals by electro winning or chemical salts.  

Order the CD ROM Today

About Chemistry of Copper Recovery
  • Principles of Metallurgy of Copper, Zinc & Silver
  • The purification of copper by electrolysis
  • How to Get Copper from Copper Sulphate
  • Lab experiments
  • Purifying copper
 Project Information
  • Plant & Machinery suppliers
  • Video Clips
Recovery Technologies
  • Copper Electro Extraction
  • Adsorption of Copper from Copper Sulphate solution
  • Electrochemical methods
  • Removal of Heavy Metals from Water (Cu and Pb)
  • Electrolytic Recovery of Metal Finishing waste water
  • Electrolytic recovery of copper from waste water
  • Recovery of metals from electronic waste using Electrowinning process
  • Copper recovery using leach/solvent extraction/electro winning
  • Copper electro refining technology
  • Removal of Copper and Zinc from
    wastewater using Chitisan
  • Green Process
  • Electroleaching of Copper Waste with Recovery of Copper by Electrodialysis
  • Copper Recovery Originating from Galvanic
  • Recovery of Copper, Water and Sulphuric Acid in a copper cable manufacturing plant
  • Technology offering  Company
  • Project - Copper Mines
  • Environmental issues - copper(I)oxide, copper(II)sulphate and copper(I)chloride
  • The U.S. Copper-base Scrap Industry and Its By-products
Copper Sulphate
  • Uses of Copper Compounds: Copper Sulphate
  • Copper Sulphate suppliers
  • Copper Sulphate -msds

Primary Information Services
 21 Murugappan St, SwamyNagar Ext2, 
Ullagaram, Chennai - 600091, India.
Phone: 91 044 22421080   FAX : 91 44 22423753
Email :
Mobile numbers: 9940043898, 9444008898