Products, Process, Company Profile, Study, Report, Uses
- A transuranic radioactive chemical element
with silvery appearance that has the symbol Am and atomic number
- Four different americium isotopes are
241Am, 242Am, 239Am and 238 Am.
- Compounds of Americium are americium di
oxide, americium bromide, americium chloride and americium
- Americium is a man-made radioactive metal
that exists as a solid under normal conditions.
- The process called nuclear transmutation
which is nothing but the americium is first separated and converted by
neutron bombardment in special reactors to short-lived nuclides.
- A few atoms of americium can be produced
by neutron capture reactions and beta decay in very highly concentrated
- Americium-241 is obtained directly from
plutonium upon absorption of one neutron and 242-Am by neutron
bombardment of already created Am-241.
- Properties includes that it readily reacts
with oxygen and dissolves well in acids and also it tarnishes
slowly in dry air at room temperature.
- Adherence very strongly to soil estimated
to be 1900 times higher than in interstitial water and binds tightly to
- It is used as a neutron source, when
blended with beryllium in the testing of machinery and in thickness
gauges in the glass industry.
- Americium also is used as a radiation
source in medical diagnostic devices and in research.
- In household applications, commonly used
in minute amounts in smoke detectors as an ionization source.
- In space-related application, americium is
a fuel for space ships with nuclear propulsion.
- Used as a target material in nuclear
research to make even heavier element and as a portable source of gamma
rays and alpha particles for use in medicine.
- What is Americium?
- Discovery of
- Isotopes of
- Americium Fact Sheet.
- Information about
- Summary about
- Americium-241 Vs
Plutonium-239 Fact sheet.
- History of Americium.
- Americium Metal
- Americium Safety data
- Am-241 Data sheet.
- Americium Oxide.
- Americium 241-MSDS.
- Msds of Americium.
- Americium-241 - alpha
- Americium-241 - disc
- Separation of Plutonium and
Americium Molten salts using a chlorine gas stream.
- Isolation and Purification
- Separation of Americium from
- AMEX Process for Americium
- Method for Americium and
- Chemistry of
- Extraction chromatography
system for separation of americium and curium
- Preparation and uses of
- Preparation of the EFTTRA-T5
Americium transmutation experiment.
- Extraction of Plutonium and
Americium from contaminated rocky soil.
- Brachytherapy devices and
methods employing Am-241.
- Discontinuous precipitation
from solutions contaminated with Americium.
- Rare earth removal from
- Separating trivalent
americium from trivalent curium.
Company Profile &
- Company from USA.
- Consultancy from US.
- Experts from New
- Effect of Americium-241
Content on Plutonium Radiation Source Terms.
- Americium in the finnish
- Radiochemistry of Americium
- Vertical distribution
of Plutonium & Americium
in the Mediterranean Sea.
- Radiolytic Oxidation of
Americium (III) to Americium (V) in Saline Solution.
- Trends in plutonium,
americium & radiocaesium accumulation.
- Radioactive Americium 241 in
the waste stream.
- Analysis of Americium,
Plutonium & Technetium solubility in ground water.
- Smoke Detectors containing
- Americium: World Inventories
& Proliferation concerns.
- Public Health Statement
- Health Effects of
- Toxicological profile for
- Environmental exposures to
- Periodic Table -
- Americium in Smoke
- Beneficial Uses of
- An Americium fueled gas core
- High Purity Americium for
fuel cycle R&D Program.
- Uses of Americium.
Order the CD ROM Today
21 Murugappan St, SwamyNagar
Ullagaram, Chennai - 600091, India.
91 44 22421080 Email :
9444008898 Fax : 91 44