The Industry @ a Glance
Companies , Processing & Products
- Tourmaline is a ring silicate material with a hexagonal crystal
- Tourmaline is a group name applied to the natural silicate
minerals of the general
formula XY3Z6(BO3)3Si6O18(OH)4 where X can be Na or Ca; Y can be
monovalent, divalent, trivalent or quadrivalent cations (Li, Mg, Mn,
Fe, Al etc.); and Z
can be occupied by Al, Mg, Cr, Fe3+, Fe2+, etc. [3,4]. F- or O2- can
substitute for OH-.
- The commonest end-members of tourmaline are: buergerite,
dravite, elbaite, liddicoatite,
schorl and uvite
- Brazil has been a major producer of Tourmaline for decades .
- Zambia has been mining Tourmalines for many years - the most
famous mine being Hofmeyer Mine near Nyimba
- Madagascar and Mozambique also have fine Tourmaline deposits.
- Tourmaline has become probably the best selling 'semi-precious'
in recent years. This may partly be due to Paloma Picasso's
signature range for Tiffany a few years ago
- Green Tourmaline comes in a wide range of shades but the rare
Emerald green variety is popularly known as Chrome Tourmaline, which
relates to the traces of Chromium, which give this its unique colour
- Abrecht Jewellers News -
Pink Tourmaline, Tourmaline (Rubellite) as an alternative to Ruby.
- Gemstone Processing -
Tourmalines are a Gem variety that have unique cutting requirements.
Blue, Green, Parti-Colored Tourmalines.
- Gem Stone - Processing in
USA - Generalized Process Description, Process Waste Streams,
Ancillary Hazardous Waste.
- Estimation & Testing -
Estimation and Testing of Standard Molar Thermodynamic Properties,
crystal Chemistry of Tourmaline, Experimental Data, Estimation of
Heat Capacity Functions.
- Laboratory Services -
Authenticity and Origin Determination of Natural Gemstones.
|About Tourmaline & Tourmaline
- Anisotropy in Tourmaline -
about tourmaline, Investigation of Hardness Anisotropy in Tourmaline
- Buergerite - Structure & Chemistry
- Geochemistry of Tourmaline -
Geochemistry of Tourmalines SEM Analysis
- Fibrous Tourmaline - Complexly Zoned
Fibrous Tourmaline, Cruzeiro Mine, Minas Gerais,
- K-Tourmaline - Discovery of
K-Tourmaline in Diamond-Bearing Quartz-Rich Rock from the Kokchetav
- Lehigh County - Tourmaline in Quartz or
Pegmatite Veins cutting the gneisses of Lehigh County
- Baraboo Quartzite -
Tourmaline-Bearing Quartz veins in the Baraboo Quartzite Wisconsin
- Petrogenetic Indicator -
Tourmaline as a Petrogenetic Indicator Mineral
- Tors - Tourmaline on the Formation of
Tors on the Dartmoor Granite
- Schorl - Schorl is a Tourmaline
- Schorl Dravite Series
- Tourmaline Structure and Chemistry, Linking Structure and
Chemistry in the Schorl - Dravite Series
- Geological Search
- Compositional asymmetry in Replacement Tourmaline, Tourmaline
Chemistry, Zoning and Replacement
- Serra Do Itaberaba Group -
Tourmaline from the Morro Da Pedra Preta Formation.
- Tourmaline Crystal
- Complex Zoned Tourmaline in the Diaspore Nodule from a
Hydrothermal Kaolin Deposit, Experimental Methods and Results.
Information Sources & Articles of Interest
- Uniaxial Minerals -
Tourmaline a Uniaxial Mineral, Description - Color and Pleochroism,
deficiency Tourmaline - Description and Crystal Structure.
- Tourmaline Crystal -
Research and Collection News.
- Indicator - Tourmaline as an
Indicator for Provenance in Arkoma Foreland Basin Deltaic Deposits.
- Mineral Sources - Non Metallic Minerals from Tourmaline.
- Paraiba Tourmaline -
The Rock Collector - NewsLetter, Praiba Tourmaline- Redefining Blue,
World's most colorful Gemstone.
Tourmaline Mine - Recent Developments in the Mining and Mineral
Order the CD ROM Today
|Industry Status &
A - India Information:
- Bangkok Gems & Jewellery Magazine
- Exporters -
Jiaxin Minerals Processing Factory, Company Details, Products and
Services, Other Companies.
- Arkenstone - Mineral
Collections - Collecting Fine Minerals from around the World,
- Industry - Kenya &
Uganda - Production of Mineral Commodities.
- Industry - Maine -
Mineral Industry of Maine, Tourmaline is the Official state Mineral.
- Source Guide - Standard
Products and Services Listing, Dealers Selection Sample.
- Indian Trade -
Traders & Trade Leads
Trade Leads - Tourmaline Buyer, Manufacturer, Supplier,
Importers & Exporters
- Export Company
- Jagoda Gem Centre - Zambia
- Indian Tourmaline - Green
and Blue Tourmaline in India, Different Shapes and their Prices.
- Tourmaline Rocks - Tourmaline-Bearing
Rocks in Singhbhum Shear Zone, Eastern India .