Project Information @ a Glance
- Biodiesel can be made from most any plant derived oil. Biodiesel
is actually an alcohol ester of vegetable oil such as Mustard Seed
Oil , Rapeseed oil ,Canola oil ,Soybean oil, Hydrogenated Soybean oil
,Tallow ,and others
- Biodiesel contains no petroleum, but it can be blended at any
level with petroleum diesel to create a biodiesel blend.
- It can be used in compression ignition(diesel) engines with no major modifications. Biodiesel is simple to use,
biodegradable, nontoxic, and essentially free of sulfur and aromatics.
- Biodiesel is defined as the mono alkyl esters of long chain fatty acids derived from
renewable liquid feedstocks, such as vegetable oils and animal fats for use in diesel
- The most common biodiesel fuel is made by the transesterfication of soy or
rapeseed triacyglycerides with methanol in the presence of a strong base catalyst such as
sodium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide, or sodium methoxide.
- In general, the standard storage and handling procedures used for petroleum diesel
can be used for biodiesel. The fuel should be stored in a clean, dry, dark environment.
- Acceptable storage tank materials include aluminum, steel, fluorinated polyethylene,
fluorinated polypropylene and teflon. Copper, brass, lead, tin, and zinc should be
- Biodiesel is available anywhere in the U.S. The National Biodiesel Board (NBB) maintains
a list of registered fuel suppliers as well as petroleum distributors and retail fueling sites.
- One of the largest factors inhibiting the widespread use of biodiesel has been its high price relative to
- Currently, World Energy, the United States’ largest distributor of biodiesel, holding about 75% of the market, adds a $90 shipping fee to each 55-gallon shipment, which means adding $1.63 per gallon additional charge.
- In contrast, a 3,000-gallon tanker shipment adds only a shipping cost of $1.10 per
gallon, but many individuals and businesses are not equipped to make such large purchases.
- The 10 percent obligation for biofuel in the EU by 2020 to be
incorporated in total transport
fuel is expected to consume production from 15 percent of the
utilized agricultural area on
the assumption that 30 percent of biofuel production would be from
biofuel and 20 percent of the supply would be imported, according to
an analysis from the
- Prices on cereals and oilseeds are expected to increase due to
the demand for feedstock.
The largest price increase is expected for oilseeds, mainly
Murugappan St, SwamyNagar Ext2,
Ullagaram, Chennai - 600091, India.
91 44 22421080
Mobile numbers:9940043898, 9444008898 Fax : 91 44