- The Cashew (Anacardium occidentale) is a tree in the flowering plant family Anacardiaceae. The plant is native to northeastern Brazil, where it is called by its Portuguese name Caju (the fruit) or Cajueiro (the tree).
- The processing of cashew involves the following steps : Preliminary cleaning , Roasting , Shelling and separation , Drying , Peeling .
- The processing units are mainly concentrated in the states of Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Goa, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra and Orissa. The process is highly labour intensive and the work force consists mainly of women.
- The oil (referred to commercially as CNSL, cashew nut shell liquid) contains 90% anacardic acid and 10%
- CNSL has found important commercial usage as the phenolic raw material for the manufacture of certain resins and plastics having unusual electric and frictional properties.
- The cashew tree has been cultivated for food and medicine for 400 years. Cashews have served nutritional, medicinal and wartime needs. More recently, they have been used in the manufacture of adhesives, resins and natural insecticides.
- Cashew nut shell liquid is also used in mouldings, acid-resistant paints, foundry resins, varnishes, enamels and black lacquers for decorating vases, and as insecticides and fungicides. In tropical medicine, CNSL has been used in treating leprosy, elephantiasis, psoriasis, ringworm, warts and corns.
- India earns more than 200 million dollars a year by exporting 40 to 50 thousand tonnes of cashew kernels and the country's tradelinks are spread over 40 countries. Cashew is a craze in the United States which is by far the largest buyer.
- Commercial cultivation of cashew in India is taken up in eight states in India. It is also cultivated on small areas in other states of the country. India has an area of about 7.30 lakh ha under cashew with an estimated annual production of about 4.60 lakh tonnes of raw cashew nut.
- In India Cashew is cultivated in Kearala, Karnataka, Goa, Maharastra, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Orissa & West Bengal .
- Processed Cashew Exporters are India, Brazil, Mozambique, Tanzania, Kenya Vietnam & Indonesia.
- India Imported
during the last year dried raw cashew nuts worth USD 449,385,494
with total quantity of 550,402,023.
- Cote D Ivoire
is the largest supplier of dried raw cashew nuts accounting for
imports worth USD 132,661,405 followed by Tanzania and Benin
which exported dried raw cashew nuts worth USD 110,367,738 and
USD 68,168,553 respectively.
- India exported
cashew nut w320 worth USD 46,637,470 with total quantity of
4,771,162. Japan is the largest buyer of cashew nut
accounting for exports worth USD 12,380,027 followed by United
Arab Emirates and United States which imported cashew nut w320
worth USD 10,995,830 and USD 7,685,061 respectively - during the
last two years
contamination in cashew nut kernels is the main issue and
exporters need to take extra care in preventing it.
- Non-legislative requirements allow exporters to add value to
their product and/or access specific market segments.
story of Cashews
In Dry roaster cashew nuts
Of Cashew Trees
- Consultancy, Planting
Cultivation Of Cashew Nuts
- Seeds & cuttings
- Quality of Raw Cashew Nut
- Cultivation, Processing &
Marketing - overview
cashew Cultivation & nut processing
- Cashew Processing
- Practical Processing
- Value Chain
- Processing methods
- Case Study - Cashew
- Case Study - processing &
- The Cashew Cook Book
- Medical Benefits
tree exudate gum
Nut Shell Liquid
& Medicinal Value
enrichment of cashew wastes for animal feeds
- Cashew Convention - 2015
ant technology in commercial cashew plantations
of Fibres Obtained from the Cashew
of Gum from Cashew Tree Latex
Of Proteins In Aqueous Two-phase Systems On Cashew-Nut Tree Gum
States Patent- Roasted And Oleoresin Flavored Nut Formulation
- Company Performance
- Company in Trading
Cashew Chemicals Pvt Ltd
India Cashew Company
- Small scale Cashew Processing -
- Sample - project outline
Profitability and structural analysis of cashew nut market in
Oyo State, Nigeria
Scale Processing Plant
Industry At Malawi
- National Cashew Association - Nigeria
- Preparing Project
Importers & Buyers
- International Distributor
- Harvesting to Marketing -
- Cashew Hand Book - 2014
- Marketing Strategy
Structure & Channels
- Client's Services - pre
& post sales
Imports - USA
- Terms of delivery &
- Export Markets
Export Promotion Council
Trends In Cashew
and Challenges in a Global Environment
Challenges & Opportunities
Cashew Meet - 2015
Newsletter - 2015
Export Fact sheet
Cashew processing programme -
Study Tour In East Africa
Markets And Livelihoods in Globalisation
Gender And Livelihoods
Quality Issues In Processed Cashew For Exports
Dong gets $8m cashew factory
- Directory of Indian Exporters
Nut Exporting Companies
Exporters And Manufacturers
Equipments And Suppliers
- Processing Line -
- Machinery from Gujarat
- Machinery from Gujarat
Machinery from Haryana
- Gujarat machinery
- Machinery from Vietnam
- Colour sorting machine
Nut Peeling Machine
Cashew nuts Processing Machine
- Buyer's Requirements
- Specifications for Cashew
- UNECE Standard DDP-17
- Specifications for Cashew
Kernels Grading And Marking Rules
For Cashew Kernels
CD ROM Today