- Titanium sponge is a porous form of titanium that
is created during the first stage of processing.
- In its natural form, titanium is widely available
within the earth’s crust.
- After being extracted, it is processed to remove
excess materials and convert it into a usable, although costly,
- In powder form, it is dark gray, titanium is as
strong as steel with only 45% of its weight, so when combined with
other metals, it greatly improves the strength and the ability to
withstand extremes of temperature.
- Titanium sponge metal was produced by four
operations in Nevada, Oregon, and Utah.
- Ingot was produced by 10 operations in 8 States.
- Numerous firms consumed ingot to produce wrought
products and castings.
- In 2010, an estimated 75% of the titanium metal
was used in aerospace applications.
- The remaining 25% was used in armor, chemical
processing, marine, medical, power generation, sporting goods, and
other nonaerospace applications.
- The value of sponge metal consumed was about $339
million, assuming an average selling price of $11.38 per kilogram.
- Titanium is used to produce parts for jet
engines, missiles, orthopedic implants, jewelry and mobile
- The most important properties of titanium are its
low density and high level of corrosion resistance.
- Although six times as expensive
as steel, titanium is very resistant to corrosion in both sea water
and chlorinated water, making it popular with a wide range of
- Titanium and its alloys are used extensively for
coating the surface of implantable medical devices to accelerate
bone growth and the healing process.
- ISRO has entered into an agreement with
state-owned Kerala Minerals & Metals Ltd (KMML) to establish a
titanium sponge plant.
- Titanium Sponge
- About Titanium
for Expanding Titanium Sponge Production Capacity in
Investing in Titanium
Kerala-Russian co JV for Titanium sponge production
Investment Report for
Titanium Sponge TG-Tv or equivalent
India Is Seventh Nation to Process
Market Outlook to 2015
Global titanium supply to rise 20% in
2010, overhang to 2013
Product & Data
sponge - Product details
Manufacturers of Titanium sponge
Titanium sponge exporters
Suppliers of Titanium sponge
Exporters of Titanium sponge
Titanium sponge Suppliers
Raw material &
Titanium sponge machine suppliers
- Company from
- Company from
- Another Company from
- Consultant from Australia
- Consultant from U.S.A
- Process for producing titanium sponge
- Process for electrolytic recovery of
titanium metal sponge from its ore
- Method for purification of titanium
- Process for producing titanium metal
and titanium metal alloys
- Process for making titanium metal from
- Recovery of titanium metal values
SAIL titanium sponge plant in
joint venture on anvil
KMML starts producing titanium sponge
- Nation's first
titanium sponge plant opened at KMML Chavara complex
Pangzhihua Iron and Steel
titanium sponge plant enters into trial production
in tie-up to set up titanium sponge plant
Titanium Sponge plant
- Summary of
Emerging Titanium Cost Reduction Technologies
- Annual report
on Titanium sponge market
- Kroll process
- Non-melt processing of “low-cost”,
armstrong titanium and Titanium alloy powders
- Titanium Metal in China
- Titanium: a global rush is u to secure
- Recent improvements electrowinning
titanium metal from composite anodes
- The Global Titanium Metal Industry
- Titanium production report
- Titanium Industrial Base, Price
Trends, and Technology Initiatives
- Titanium sponge on titanium substrate
Order the CD ROM